Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tough Mints

My mints are tough.

They have been through multiple attacks from red spider mites now.

But they never seem to die. And whilst my chocolate mint, orange mint and EDT mint have recovered from these attacks, none of them are doing as well as my regular peppermints spearmints.

They have more than recovered.. In fact, they are growing like weeds now..

I like to use them in my salads - they add a tang to any normal green salad, make my tomatoes and feta cheese salad taste great and even go well with a simple fruit salad.

I also like to make a hot milo mint drink with them - just steep the mint in hot water for a while, remove the leaves and make milo just as you would normally. This drink also taste nice as a freeze, just add a lot more milo powder and ice, and then blend well.


A picture of my mints, taken by a friend..
I'm so pleased to have such a nice photo of them

How I wish all my other plants are as easy to grow as my peppermints spearmints.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think these are the tashkent spearmint, not peppermint...

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Oh.. gee.. thanks Sky... I've been calling them by a wrong name all these while.. heehee