Monday, November 29, 2010

Tarragon Rejuvenated

I don't have green fingers.. and I have found herbs especially hard to grow.

Petunia gave me a pot of tarragon a while back.. and it was tall and beautiful, with lots of yummy leaves and pretty, fragrant flowers. I used the leaves in my roasts and the flowers in my salad. But alas, over a few weeks, the leaves turned brown and after a while, it became a pot of dried tarragon.

Frustrated, I trimmed away all the dried leaves and cut the plant up severely, leaving only a relatively short stump behind.

I thought I'd be throwing the entire pot away in no time.

To my surprise, however, green leaves started sprouting out everywhere.. and now, I have a pretty decent looking pot of tarragon again! No flowers yet.. but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

5 comments:

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

guess the herb was pouting for a hair cut, botak style. ahehehehe......

Rummi, the gardener. said...

They will grow fine, they will grow fine :)

Open Kitchen Concept said...

It was indeed, Fry!

Rummi, thanks!

Malar said...

This shows that you do have green fingers!
The Tarragon looks so lush!

Petunia Lee said...

Purrrrty!!