Monday, December 20, 2010

Japanese Curry at Ginza Bairin

Ginza Bairin is an old name from Tokyo for Tonkatsu.

They are famous for their black pork katsu and katsu sandwiches. I had the chicken katsu curry (I don't fancy pork) for lunch today and I thought it was pretty good.

The chicken katsu is very well fried - Great bread crumbs and perfectly crispy. The chicken wasn't the most tender, but it was fairly tender.

The curry was thick, sweet, not spicy and fragrant, with bits of carrots and onions still visible. It wasn't too watery or oily at all.. Perhaps it was a little too thick.. but it coated the fried chicken and rice nicely so I happily ate up almost all of the curry.

The miso soup had a nice touch to it - sliced radishes and bits of bacon. But I left it lacked proper miso taste, so I didn't like it too much.

Overall though, a pretty good Japanese curry. Every once in a while I would have cravings for Japanese curry. Next time, I know where I can go to satisfy those cravings.

Yummy Japanese curry, taken with my iPhone. 
I've stopped carrying my camera around now that I have the iPhone.

No comments: