Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Short Getaway to Bangkok

I was really needing a break last Friday.

However, when I got to the airport, I was thinking to myself that maybe it wasn't the best of ideas to be going to a busy city like Bangkok when all I needed was some rest and relax.

It turned out to be a restful and relaxing trip though.

We stayed in a really nice and quiet service apartment, took went for a couple of nice long massages, took long naps everyday and watched a couple of movies I should have caught last year at the theatres.

It also drizzled on and off the whole time we were in Bangkok so the weather was nice and cool.. So cool in fact, I caught a bit of a cold.

And then of course, there was the food! A couple of the best restaurants we visited this time were also just a few minutes walk away from the apartment too.. so we didn't have to really travel a lot.

I didn't regret going for my break in Bangkok at all. In fact, I think that I will probably go for a longer trip next time!

I will be posting more about my trip over the next few days.

In the meantime, enjoy these pictures!

View from the plane. Beautiful padi fields!

 Nearer to Bangkok..

Great food in Bangkok

Tom yum soup - I can never seem to get enough of this soup..

 I loved to snack on these green mangoes - you can eat them with 
a bit of the sticky, fishy, spicy sweet sauce or some flavoured sugar. 
These can be found all over Bangkok - at the supermarkets or along the streets

 Of course, those massage sessions really helped me to relax

And those sweet desserts helped as well!

It was drizzling for most part of the time we were in Bangkok.. 
but when it wasn't raining, a nice stroll 
around the apartment was really nice and relaxing

9 comments:

My Sinfonia said...

Hey, nice to get away. When I was in Sg, I try to getaway almost every 3 weeks, no matter how short!

Blur Ting said...

Oh the food!! It turned out to be a nice trip!

Petunia Lee said...

Wow! Everyone seems to be travelling around!! This way, I get to live vicariously.

Malar said...

Sound like very relaxing trip! Hope you got enough rest!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Woah. Every 3 weeks is v frequent! :)

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Yes Ting. A trip to Thailand would always end up well because of the food! :)

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Petunia, I do enjoy "travelling around", "gardening" and "building houses" via everyone's blog too!

I am Hap(py) said...

AHH So nice! Now you've convinced me to go back to BKK to eat.. LOL :P

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Go go, Happy! You need a break!