Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Somerset Park Suanplu

Somerset Park Suanplu is a great service apartment to stay at in Bangkok.

The apartment is very spacious and clean. The staff are all extremely friendly. The  location is pretty central - there are a few really good restaurants and massage places nearby, it's possible to walk to a sky train station, or else just a short taxi ride to major shopping centres.

It's also very quiet and there is a beautiful garden just in front of the apartment to take a short stroll after breakfast.

Breakfast isn't great though and I would rather walk out and have a bowl of noodles by the street than have the breakfast in the hotel. It's not that it's bad... just very typical, boring hotel breakfast fare.

We booked the hotel from an online travel website only to find out that if you book direct from the Somerset Service Apartments website, you'd get a better deal due to their guaranteed best rates offer.

After I expressed my disappointment, the apartment upgraded us to a slightly bigger apartment and had some flowers for us when we arrived!

The best part of my stay was that it was really quite quiet and I was able to get all the uninterrupted rest that I needed over the weekend.

 Our apartment came with a living room

 A small but well equipped kitchen

And a spacious bedroom...

The roses in the room were beautiful

I also really liked the garden just outside the hotel lobby

 Love the pretty lotus flower

Greenery and water just makes me feel relaxed..

No comments: