Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Simple Fruity Salad

I don't have much of an appetite these days.

And today's weather is so hot I found it especially hard to think o something suitable to eat for lunch. So I made myself a refreshing, fruity salad for lunch.

This salad is really easy to make. I just mix the following ingredients together:
- A bowl of baby spinach leaves
- A few sweet Korean strawberries
- A handful of dried cranberries, raisins and nuts
- A few pinenuts
- A simple dressing of extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and maple syrup

Strawberries are high in vitamin C and full of antioxidants. These Korean strawberries that I bought from the supermarket are so sweet, I can eat the entire punnet at one go. They really help when I don't have much of an appetite.

3 comments:

Blur Ting said...

The weather's getting so hot lately, it ruins the appetite. We've been eating lots of melons and fruit at home as well.

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Yes, melons and berries really are good for days when one's appetite isn't good! :)

Rene said...

My salad days are here with the hot weather. :)